CHE, Sempach Station, Adhesive Technologies
Application Engineer for TCS Lab and Field
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is the leading solution provider for adhesives, sealants and functional coatings worldwide, with more than 26,000 employees and €9 billion in sales. Through our Engineered Wood business, we drive a transformation in the construction industry where sustainable buildings from engineered wood replace traditional materials such as concrete and steel. Henkel’s high-tech adhesives are crucial for the production of safe and sustainable engineered wood, and thus helping a significant reduction in the buildings’ carbon footprint. The application engineer strengthens our global team of technical customer service (TCS) to further drive business growth in Engineered Wood Adhesives.
- Technical support for customers
- Audits and technical trainings at customers
- Optimize and develop applications
- Identify technical trends and needs of our customers
- Lab work to prepare samples, run tests, evaluate adhesive performance acc. to standard QC-procedures
- Drive own key strategic initiative (KSI) or application technology projects
- Documentation and support for global team
- Support maintenance of lab application device
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of wood technology, cabinet maker or carpenter is a plus
- +5 years professional experience, out of which +2 years successful track record in the wood industry
- Experience in a business driven by a complex regulatory environment (certification, building codes)
- Integrative personality with entrepreneurial flair, detective curiosity, with proven leadership skills and evidence of successful execution of complex projects
- Willingness to travel on business in Europe and occasionally worldwide
- Highly international with the ability to build networks globally across different cultures
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Fluency in English, additional languages in major markets is a plus
- The position is based out of our major hub in Switzerland, Sempach Station
- Flexible Working conditions (incl. Home-office)
- Development, training and professional growth opportunities on-the-job in an international environment